Red Wing Public Schools Foundation marked 25 years of supporting ISD 256 by awarding $58,800 for the 2022-2023 academic year.
President Jill Mehrkens noted many of the 26 grants encompass an entire grade level.
The 2022-2023 grants touch every building and include:
· Colvill Family Center – Equity in preschool scholarships
· Sunnyside – Author/illustrator and STEAM Experience residencies
· Burnside – Field trips to the Minnesota Zoo and Children’s Theatre
· Twin Bluff – BizTown and Intro to the Great Outdoors
· Red Wing High School – genetics, poetry and theater
The foundation organized in 1995 and made its first set of spring awards in 1997.