top of page

Storm Emergency Assistance

Governor Tim Walz authorized emergency assistance last week for eight southeast Minnesota counties, including Wabasha County, for damage sustained during a severe thunderstorm on December 15, 2021.

The storm generated multiple tornadoes, damaging winds, rain, sleet, ice, and snow in our area.

Multiple counties experienced extensive damage to public infrastructure, buildings, and trees.

This disaster assistance will cover 75 percent of eligible costs from the Disaster Assistance Contingency Account, with local governments covering the remaining 25 percent.

The counties getting emergency assistance also include Dodge and Olmsted.

2 views0 comments


bottom of page