Red Wing School Board met last week and agreed on three focal points for evaluating Superintendent Dr. Martina Wagner later this month.
1. Governance Team -- Goals and/or Strategic Plan
2. School District Finances -- Budget Development and Maintenance
3. Human Resources -- Hiring and Staff Development
Board Chair Jim Bryant and fellow members indicated they are pleased with the District's direction and the leadership team. This will be Dr. Wagner's first evaluation since becoming the superintendent in July.
In other business at the November 6th meeting and workshop, the board also:
· Approved Blue Cross Blue Shield, with 2024 renewal rates, as the District’s health and dental provider.
· Discussed building needs and use, including the vacant Jefferson School.
· Reviewed the plans for e-learning and weather-related closures for 2023-24.
The board's next meeting will be at 5 p.m. Monday, December 4, in Red Wing High School J110.