top of page

Sunnyside Kitchen Freezer Overheats


There was some unexpected and unwelcome excitement at Sunnyside Elementary School after a kitchen freezer overheated before school began Monday morning. The Red Wing Fire Department allowed students to enter the building at about 7:50 a.m., which is 5 minutes later than their usual time. Firefighters left shortly after that. Fans ventilated the main hallway thoroughly until 8:20 a.m. Principal Mike Pagel said students and staff all handled the situation with flexibility, and apparently many students thought this was the fire drill that was scheduled for later Monday afternoon.

According to Superintendent Martina Wagner, the kitchen will be closed until equipment inspection is completed. Student Nutrition Services staff will make lunch at Twin Bluff Middle School and then transport the food to Sunnyside.

30 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Comentários


bottom of page